Sunday, November 14, 2010

Protest music



Life's full of things one'd rather not do but has to: I wrote a song about it once - bet you bloggers could add a verse or two to it. Anyone who can guess the title is doubtless a genius.

Tunes up guitar. Tinkles keyboard with toes. Warms up nose-flute with a mighty snort. Launches forth with gusto:

Radio voices invade your home
Don't you hate it?
You drop everything just to answer the phone
Don't you hate it?
Somebody knocks when you want to be alone
Don't you hate it?

A little peace, a little quiet, a moment of sweet rest
Seems so easy, what a laugh! Behold: the impossible quest.

You're felling really nasty and you know you must be nice
Don't you hate it?
You want the whole cake but you only get a slice
Don't you hate it?
They think you are the sugar but you know you are the spice
Don't you hate it?

A little peace, a little quiet, a moment of sweet rest
Seems so easy, what a laugh! Behold: the impossible quest.

The hammer hits your finger and you grimace with the pain
Don't you hate it?
The bills come out your postbox and you grimace once again
Don't you hate it?
They treat you like a Toy-Pom and you know you're a Great Dane
Don't you hate it?

A little peace, a little quiet, a moment of sweet rest
Seems so easy, what a laugh! Behold: the impossible quest.

Ends with powerful nose-flute solo and dexterous guitar counterpoint. Ah! The sheer brilliance of me.

Today's pic: me looking disgruntled and wild, but cool.

7 comments:

  1. I like it. Add music to it and post it here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, you know music isn't my thing (I have friends for that) and your new picture is throwing me a bit off balance. I can't get the image of Mike Meyers out of my head!
    YEAH, BABY, YEAH! I think I am too close to the drums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost missed this lovely post of yours. You have a penchant for writing lyrics. Could the title be F_ _ K OFF? Nah- I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- I also meant to tell you that you do look lovely, wild and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo. Take a look at this (reminds me of your photo).

    http://celestebergin.blogspot.com/2010/11/theatrical-lighting.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're the only person I know whose serious face is almost equal to their inimitable smile. I know it's supposed to be intimidating, but I just laugh with sheer delight. Almost but not quite as irresistible as your wide, crinkly-eyed smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't get a reply? I'm wounded :-)

    ReplyDelete